Saturday, December 6, 2008

Last entry before I go for my holiday!!! Yes finally a long awaited and well deserved holiday or so I said!!!!

Coaching is a big responsibility. It is not a process where the coachee make the commitment and the coach has nothing to do. Rather the contrary, the coach has to constantly monitor, encourage or guide to steer the coachee to the right direction.

The hardest thing I found was to find the good point of someone. It is always easy to pinpoint a shortcoming as it is most glaring!!! It is however defficult to pinpoint if someone has done something well and it does take a bid of effort to sort out who has done the right thing when things go well. I believe encouragement is a lot more possitve than criticism when someone done something wrong so I am trying to encourage and give due recognition when someone done something right. This is more difficult than I think. I thought how hard could it be to give compliment but in actual fact it is not that easy to give an accurate compliment at the right time and act as a boost for the recipent!!

Well this is an art that I have to learn to master!!!

No comments: